12.21.2010

Teacher's Christmas Gifts 2010


So it's no surprise my go to gift is personalized note cards. This year I found some great premade color coordinating note cards by my minds eye . 50 double-sided cards, 10 designs 5 cards per design. So my mind's eye says "Hey If I use one of each design, I can get 5 sets; or 5 gifts per box I buy. I look at the price ($6.99 at Ross), Hmm..$1.40 a gift not too shabby!
Of course I added each teacher's name in silver hot foil. Mostly I just added the first name but the above example I played with adding a last name in a different type. I added ribbon and a salt dough ornament and there you have it a cute gift that says I put some thought into your gift!
Cost: $1.45
For the next teacher I made sweet braided bread.


I braided the bread in four strands and then connected the ends to form a wreath. I didn't realize how heavy it would be so I ran out a bought a basket at Home Goods wrapped it up in plastic wrap and added a bow and tag. (The ribbon I purchased after Christmas last year for $2.00 a spool). That turned my free gift (or cost of ingredients) into a cost of basket gift and a touch of ribbon.
Cost $13.25

Then we had the picky teacher..so I used a gift card I received a year or two ago to buy one of those collectible Hallmark ornaments that fits this teacher's personality. This one was much easier to carry to school.

Cost pretty much Free


No comments:

Post a Comment